A Practical Guide to Legal Writing and Legal Method [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Coursebook)
Extreame Savings Item! Save 48% on the A Practical Guide to Legal Writing and Legal Method [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Coursebook) by Wolters Kluwer at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
A Practical Guide to Legal Writing and Legal Method continues to provide complete coverage of basic legal writing and analysis with the clarity and precision that has made it a classic in the field. The text is concise and flexible, teaching students to apply legal method concepts to a written or oral argument through a combination of introductory exposition, extensive examples, and practice exercises. Offering great teaching opportunities in the classroom, the lessons and examples also support independent study and review. A valuable text that students will want to keep as practitioners.
Expanded coverage includes:
- A new chapter on reading & understanding statutes to help students deconstruct and comprehend legislation and administrative rules. A new chapter on “summary of the law” memoranda to teach students how to draft a document increasingly being used in modern law practice to answer the question “what is the law on . . .” or when a full analysis of a legal issue is not needed.
- Two new appendices provide examples of a “summary of the law” memorandum in both email and traditional memo format.
Improved structure and organization:
- New emphasis on objective writing as the foundation for in-house memoranda and client communications.
- New emphasis on guidelines for the use of email for legal memoranda and client correspondence, including the determination of whether email is the appropriate medium and strategies for effective communication.
- Unparalleled number of examples and exercises, including numerous examples of good and bad writing appear throughout.
- Clear explanations detail the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Unique coverage of the shorter “summary of the law” memo that lawyers are frequently asked to write under a variety of circumstances. when a full analysis of a legal issue is not appropriate.
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
|Item Size:||1.5 x 9.75 x 9.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.44 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.01 x 1.42 x 1.42 inches|