Written by a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) consultant designated engineering representative (DER) and an electronics hardware design engineer who together taught the DO-254 class at the Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics, Inc. (RTCA) in Washington, District of Columbia, USA, Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254 is a testimony to the lessons learned and wisdom gained from many years of first-hand experience in the design, verification, and approval of airborne electronic hardware.
This practical guide to the use of RTCA/DO-254 in the development of airborne electronic hardware for safety critical airborne applications:
- Describes how to optimize engineering processes and practices to harmonize with DO-254
- Addresses the single most problematic aspect of engineering and compliance to DO-254―poorly written requirements
- Includes a tutorial on how to write requirements that will minimize the cost and effort of electronic design and verification
- Discusses the common pitfalls encountered by practitioners of DO-254, along with how those pitfalls occur and what can be done about them
- Settles the ongoing debate and misconceptions about the true definition of a derived requirement
- Promotes embracing DO-254 as the best means to achieve compliance to it, as well as the best path to high-quality electronic hardware
Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254 offers real-world insight into RTCA/DO-254 and how its objectives can be satisfied. It provides engineers with valuable information that can be applied to any project to make compliance to DO-254 as easy and problem-free as possible.
|Part Number:||79 black & white illustrations, 10 colou|
|MPN:||79 black & white illustrations, 10 colou|
|Item Weight:||1.1 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.3 x 0.79 x 0.79 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by CRC Press, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
ean: 9781439813683, isbn: 9781439813683,
The amount of software used in safety-critical systems is increasing at a rapid rate. At the same time, software technology is changing, projects are pressed to develop software faster and more cheaply, and the software is being used in more critical...
By Cambridge University Press
ean: 9780521669559, isbn: 0521669553,
Aerodynamic principles that make flight possible were little known or barely understood as recently as one hundred years ago. Although their roots can be found in the fluid dynamics of ancient Greek science, it was not until the scientific breakthrou...