An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata, Sixth Edition provides an accessible, student-friendly presentation of all material essential to an introductory Theory of Computation course. Written to address the fundamentals of formal languages, automata, and computability, the text is designed to familiarize students with the foundations and principles of computer science and to strengthen the students' ability to carry out formal and rigorous mathematical arguments. The author, Peter Linz, continues to offer a straightforward, uncomplicated treatment of formal languages and automata and avoids excessive mathematical detail allowing students to focus on and understand the key underlying principles.
New & Key Features:
• An accessible approach allows students to clearly understand key content while retaining the appropriate mathematical notations and theorems required for the course
• New Chapter Synopsis, found at the end of each chapter, recap important concepts found in the text
• Every major idea is preceded by a motivating example, drawn from applications, that introduces the concept and illustrates its usefulness
• The exercise section has been restructured and improved with accessible exercises more closely tied to examples in the text
• An enhanced Instructor's Manual includes more detailed solutions to problems found in the text
|Manufacturer:||Jones & Bartlett Learning|
|Publisher:||Jones & Bartlett Learning|
|Studio:||Jones & Bartlett Learning|
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.8 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by imusti, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: 43171-568273, ean: 9781575866321, isbn: 9781575866321,
Previous printings of Language, Proof and Logic contained a CD-ROM.For the current version of this pack-files accompanying the textbook can be downloaded by using the Registration/Book ID# printed on the reverse side of the card. The textbook/softwar...