Atlas of the World's Languages
Mega Sale! Save 24% on the Atlas of the World's Languages by Routledge at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Before the first appearance of the Atlas of the World's Languages in 1993, all the world's languages had never been accurately and completely mapped.
Before the first appearance of the Atlas of the World's Languages in 1993, all the world's languages had never been accurately and completely mapped. The Atlas depicts the location of every known living language, including languages on the point of extinction.
This fully revised edition of the Atlas offers:
- up-to-date research, some from fieldwork in early 2006
- a general linguistic history of each section
- an overview of the genetic relations of the languages in each section
- statistical and sociolinguistic information
- a large number of new or completely updated maps
- further reading and a bibliography for each section
- a cross-referenced language index of over 6,000 languages.
Presenting contributions from international scholars, covering over 6,000 languages and containing over 150 full-colour maps, the Atlas of the World's Languages is the definitive reference resource for every linguistic and reference library.
|Item Weight:||11.25 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.5 x 17 x 17 inches|
|Package Weight:||9.96 pounds|
|Package Size:||11.97 x 1.26 x 1.26 inches|