Blackstone's Guide to the Mental Health Act 2007
On Sale Now! Save 8% on the Blackstone's Guide to the Mental Health Act 2007 by Brand: Blackstone Press at Translate This Website. MPN: Illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This new Blackstone's Guide provides the full text of the UK Mental Health Amendment Act, together with an expert chapter by chapter narrative
· A new definition of 'mental disorder'
· The abolishment of existing classifications of 'mental illness', 'psychopathic disorder', 'mental impairment' and 'severe mental impairment'
· A new requirement that detention have a 'therapeutic purpose' for all forms of mental disorder, while removing the 'treatability' requirement for patients suffering from psychopathic disorder
· A new power to control and treat patients in the community
· A new framework of safeguards for incapacitated 'Bournewood' patients (to amend the Mental Capacity Act)
DBL Amendments to the 'nearest relative' provisions to bring them into line with the ECHR
The narrative clearly explains how the Act amends the 1983 Act, analyses its impact on the Mental Capacity Act, and discusses the human rights implications of compulsory detention and treatment by reference to key cases such as Bournewood, IH, and Von Brandenburg. The Guide's accessible and clear layout makes it an ideal quick reference text, and the appendices include a copy of the Mental Health Act Amendment Act 2006.
|Brand:||Brand: Blackstone Press|
|Item Weight:||1.94 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.3 x 6.1 x 6.1 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.1 x 1.6 x 1.6 inches|