Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language: Sample Reports, Emails, Articles, Reviews & Summaries: Strategies for Writing©
Free Shipping Included! Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language: Sample Reports, Emails, Articles, Reviews & Summaries: Strategies for Writing© by Independently published at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language: Strategies for Writing© by Emile Armanious is designed to support students studying for Cambridge
Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language: Strategies for Writing© by Emile Armanious is designed to support students studying for Cambridge International Examinations IGCSE® English as a Second Language syllabus (0510/0511/0991) for examination from 2019. As a self-study resource, this book is the perfect study guide for all learners.
● This guide is divided into five units, with each one focusing on one of the specified writing tasks, namely, the informal emails, articles (semi-formal articles for the school magazine and formal articles for the local newspaper), reports, book and film reviews and summaries
● a detailed, step by step guide to the entire process of writing reports, informal emails, newspaper articles and reviews in line with the requirements of the revised University of Cambridge International Examinations syllabus from 2019
● sample answers to past paper writing questions of all exam variants including more than 500 sample informal emails, articles, reports, book and film reviews and summaries. All sample responses in this book are designed to enhance English language competence through realistic and contextualised pieces based on authentic texts and recent past paper questions
● a comprehensive step by step guide to ‘Summary Writing’ including techniques, strategies and in-depth analysis of past paper questions with sample answers: model answers to all past paper summary questions of all variants since 2000 and more than 100 sentence examples illustrating how to summarize using your own words
● a separate section on ‘Report Writing’ covering the layout, structure and language of reports together with sample questions and model answers
● a whole unit devoted to ‘Book and Film Reviews’ covering the layout, structure and language of book and film reviews together with useful language and a large collection of sample reviews
● an in-depth analysis of the main types of writing to help students improve their answers and overall grade, including sample materials to familiarise students with the written part of the exam
● sample responses used in this book to develop writing are engaging and suitable for all learners, and are diverse in their content matter with a wide range of vocabulary and ideas
● how to communicate information/ideas/opinions clearly, accurately and effectively; how to respond to a written stimulus and use appropriate register and style/format for the given purpose and audience, and how to produce written texts with a wide range of language structures
● opinion pieces for newspaper and school magazine articles are designed to improve students’ ability to write clear, well-structured texts using an appropriate style, expanding and supporting points of view with supporting arguments and showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices
● a comprehensive database containing thousands of topic-related vocabulary and ideas including useful language for emails, reports, reviews and articles supported by exam-related examples and a broad-ranging list of formal vs. informal words and phrases
● more than 600 idiomatic and dramatic expressions with sentence examples to boost your informal writing
● an entire section dedicated to grammar, so you can focus on important rules and conventions
|Item Size:||1.39 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.43 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 1.39 x 1.39 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Independently published, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Cambridge University Press
ean: 9781107602007, isbn: 9781107602007,
This collection of original articles provides a state-of-the-art overview of key issues and approaches in contemporary language teaching. Written by internationally prominent researchers, educators, and emerging scholars, the chapters are grouped int...
By Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
ean: 9781416605775, isbn: 1416605770,
What can we do to help ELL students understand English? In Research-Based Methods of Reading Instruction for English Language Learners, Grades K 4, Sylvia Linan-Thompson and Sharon Vaughn provide over 60 field-tested classroom lessons for ensuring En...
By Brand: Cambridge University Press
mpn: 35054511, ean: 9781107611801, isbn: 1107611806,
David Crystal's classic English as a Global Language considers the history, present status and future of the English language, focusing on its role as the leading international language. English has been deemed the most 'successful' language ever, wi...
ean: 9781107485556, isbn: 110748555X,
This book provides an up-to-date and comprehensive overview of research methods in second-language teaching and learning, from experts in the field. The Cambridge Guide to Research in Language Teaching and Learning covers 36 core areas of second-lang...
By Brand: Living Language
ean: 9780307972477, isbn: 030797247X,
English, Complete Edition is a unique multimedia program that is designed for Japanese speakers. It takes you from a beginner to an advanced level in one convenient package. At the core of English, Complete Edition is the Living Language Meth...
ean: 9780198392880, isbn: 9780198392880,
Matched to the Cambridge IGCSE syllabus, this comprehensive resource helps learners acquire crucial English language skills. Exam-style audio material can be found on the accompanying CD, so students can get realistic listening practice, including pr...
By Brand: Cambridge University Press
mpn: 9780521618229, ean: 9780521618229, isbn: 0521618223,
This is the third edition of the one of the founding titles of the CHLT series. The book features many of the original games but has also been fully revised to include new games for the ELT classroom. The structure of the book has also been revised s...
mpn: black & white illustrations, figures, ean: 9780325011363, isbn: 0325011362,
Teaching secondary students in the content areas is hard enough under the best of circumstances. When students are not well prepared academically and also lack academic literacy skills, the challenge can seem overwhelming. Fortunately, the Freemans h...
By Brand: Cambridge University Press
ean: 9780521613835, isbn: 0521613833,
Professional Development for Language Teachers examines ten different techniques that can be used to facilitate professional development in language teaching. These effective teaching tools are: self-monitoring, support groups, journal writing, class...
ean: 9780415991452, isbn: 0415991455,
This hands-on, practical guide for ESL/EFL teachers and teacher educators outlines, for those who are new to doing action research, what it is and how it works. Straightforward and reader friendly, it introduces the concepts and offers a step-by-step...