Computer Organization and Design ARM Edition: The Hardware Software Interface (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
Mega Sale! Save 30% on the Computer Organization and Design ARM Edition: The Hardware Software Interface (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design) by Patterson David A at Translate This Website. MPN: 9780128017333. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The new ARM Edition of Computer Organization and Design features a subset of the ARMv8-A architecture, which is used to present the fundamentals of
The new ARM Edition of Computer Organization and Design features a subset of the ARMv8-A architecture, which is used to present the fundamentals of hardware technologies, assembly language, computer arithmetic, pipelining, memory hierarchies, and I/O.
With the post-PC era now upon us, Computer Organization and Design moves forward to explore this generational change with examples, exercises, and material highlighting the emergence of mobile computing and the Cloud. Updated content featuring tablet computers, Cloud infrastructure, and the ARM (mobile computing devices) and x86 (cloud computing) architectures is included.
An online companion Web site provides links to a free version of the DS-5 Community Edition (a free professional quality tool chain developed by ARM), as well as additional advanced content for further study, appendices, glossary, references, and recommended reading.
- Covers parallelism in depth with examples and content highlighting parallel hardware and software topics
- Features the Intel Core i7, ARM Cortex-A53, and NVIDIA Fermi GPU as real-world examples throughout the book
- Adds a new concrete example, "Going Faster," to demonstrate how understanding hardware can inspire software optimizations that improve performance by 200X
- Discusses and highlights the "Eight Great Ideas" of computer architecture: Performance via Parallelism; Performance via Pipelining; Performance via Prediction; Design for Moore's Law; Hierarchy of Memories; Abstraction to Simplify Design; Make the Common Case Fast; and Dependability via Redundancy.
- Includes a full set of updated exercises
|Brand:||Patterson David A|
|Item Weight:||0.84 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.38 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.48 x 1.18 x 1.18 inches|