The new ARM Edition of Computer Organization and Design features a subset of the ARMv8-A architecture, which is used to present the fundamentals of hardware technologies, assembly language, computer arithmetic, pipelining, memory hierarchies, and I/O.
With the post-PC era now upon us, Computer Organization and Design moves forward to explore this generational change with examples, exercises, and material highlighting the emergence of mobile computing and the Cloud. Updated content featuring tablet computers, Cloud infrastructure, and the ARM (mobile computing devices) and x86 (cloud computing) architectures is included.
An online companion Web site provides links to a free version of the DS-5 Community Edition (a free professional quality tool chain developed by ARM), as well as additional advanced content for further study, appendices, glossary, references, and recommended reading.
- Covers parallelism in depth with examples and content highlighting parallel hardware and software topics
- Features the Intel Core i7, ARM Cortex-A53, and NVIDIA Fermi GPU as real-world examples throughout the book
- Adds a new concrete example, "Going Faster," to demonstrate how understanding hardware can inspire software optimizations that improve performance by 200X
- Discusses and highlights the "Eight Great Ideas" of computer architecture: Performance via Parallelism; Performance via Pipelining; Performance via Prediction; Design for Moore's Law; Hierarchy of Memories; Abstraction to Simplify Design; Make the Common Case Fast; and Dependability via Redundancy.
- Includes a full set of updated exercises
|Brand:||Patterson David A|
|Item Weight:||0.84 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.38 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.48 x 1.18 x 1.18 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Patterson David A, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Cengage Learning PTR
ean: 9781305076556, isbn: 9781305076556,
This completely updated second edition of MICROCONTROLLERS: FROM ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE TO C USING THE PIC24 FAMILY covers assembly language, C programming, and hardware interfacing for the Microchip PIC24 family, a recently updated microcontroller family...
mpn: 44389444, ean: 9780128036983, isbn: 0128036982,
Modern Assembly Language Programming with the ARM Processor is a tutorial-based book on assembly language programming using the ARM processor. It presents the concepts of assembly language programming in different ways, slowly building from simple ex...