Coping with Breast Cancer: A Couples-Focused Group Intervention, Therapist Guide (Treatments That Work)
Huge Savings Item! Save 13% on the Coping with Breast Cancer: A Couples-Focused Group Intervention, Therapist Guide (Treatments That Work) by Oxford University Press at Translate This Website. MPN: black & white illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Early stage breast cancer can be stressful and upsetting for both the woman dealing with the disease and her partner. This illness can also place a
This couples-focused group program aims to improve a couple's functioning as a "team" and provides a supportive environment for couples facing similar breast cancer-related issues. Over the course of six sessions, couples learn support and communication skills, as well as techniques to manage stress and enhance intimacy. Modeling by group leaders and other couples facilitates skill acquisition. With continued use, the skills learned in group can have long-term benefits for couples .
This guide, along with the corresponding workbook, provides all the information needed to implement this group program. It contains step-by-step instructions for running the group, as well as sample group leader dialogues, in-session activities, and homework assignments. The couple's workbook is designed to be shared by both partners as they work together through the program. By the end of the six weeks, couples will be better equipped as a team to cope with the stresses of cancer and the challenges that may lie ahead.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
|Manufacturer:||Oxford University Press|
|Part Number:||black & white illustrations|
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
|Studio:||Oxford University Press|
|MPN:||black & white illustrations|
|Item Weight:||0.52 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.4 x 6.8 x 6.8 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.9 x 0.3 x 0.3 inches|