Decoding China: A Handbook for Traveling, Studying, and Working in Today's China
Blowout Sale! Save 51% on the Decoding China: A Handbook for Traveling, Studying, and Working in Today's China by Tuttle Publishing at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Embrace the culture and get the most out of your time in China. Going to China for the first time can be an intimidating experience, even for those
Going to China for the first time can be an intimidating experience, even for those who have studied the language. In fact, traveling to China for the second, third, or fourth time can also be a challenging experience, especially if you intend to be fully immersed in daily life, get off the beaten path, and experience the "real" China.
This China etiquette and culture guide is about how to get things done in China. Decoding China gives you practical information on how to deal with everyday situations—like eating at a restaurant or shopping at an outdoor market—that present unique and unexpected challenges for foreign visitors.
- Why being polite when you board a bus is a big mistake
- Finding a toilet (and what to bring along!)
- How to bargain for anything in a Chinese market
- Which train ticket to buy—hard seat? Soft seat?
- How the Chinese view privacy, and why it may make you seem suspicious
- Working in a Chinese office, and the politics of lunch
|Item Weight:||0.64 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.9 x 8 x 8 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.71 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.12 x 0.87 x 0.87 inches|