The amount of software used in safety-critical systems is increasing at a rapid rate. At the same time, software technology is changing, projects are pressed to develop software faster and more cheaply, and the software is being used in more critical ways. Developing Safety-Critical Software: A Practical Guide for Aviation Software and DO-178C Compliance equips you with the information you need to effectively and efficiently develop safety-critical, life-critical, and mission-critical software for aviation. The principles also apply to software for automotive, medical, nuclear, and other safety-critical domains.
An international authority on safety-critical software, the author helped write DO-178C and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s policy and guidance on safety-critical software. In this book, she draws on more than 20 years of experience as a certification authority, an avionics manufacturer, an aircraft integrator, and a software developer to present best practices, real-world examples, and concrete recommendations.
The book includes:
- An overview of how software fits into the systems and safety processes
- Detailed examination of DO-178C and how to effectively apply the guidance
- Insight into the DO-178C-related documents on tool qualification (DO-330), model-based development (DO-331), object-oriented technology (DO-332), and formal methods (DO-333)
- Practical tips for the successful development of safety-critical software and certification
- Insightful coverage of some of the more challenging topics in safety-critical software development and verification, including real-time operating systems, partitioning, configuration data, software reuse, previously developed software, reverse engineering, and outsourcing and offshoring
An invaluable reference for systems and software managers, developers, and quality assurance personnel, this book provides a wealth of information to help you develop, manage, and approve safety-critical software more confidently.
|Item Weight:||2.1 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.31 x 9.21 x 9.21 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.3 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by imusti, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Cambridge University Press
ean: 9780521669559, isbn: 0521669553,
Aerodynamic principles that make flight possible were little known or barely understood as recently as one hundred years ago. Although their roots can be found in the fluid dynamics of ancient Greek science, it was not until the scientific breakthrou...