Digital Control Engineering: Analysis and Design
Mega Sale! Free Shipping Included! Save 30% on the Digital Control Engineering: Analysis and Design by Academic Press at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Digital controllers are part of nearly all modern personal, industrial, and transportation systems. Every senior or graduate student of electrical,
Digital controllers are part of nearly all modern personal, industrial, and transportation systems. Every senior or graduate student of electrical, chemical or mechanical engineering should therefore be familiar with the basic theory of digital controllers. This new text covers the fundamental principles and applications of digital control engineering, with emphasis on engineering design.
Fadali and Visioli cover analysis and design of digitally controlled systems and describe applications of digital controls in a wide range of fields. With worked examples and Matlab applications in every chapter and many end-of-chapter assignments, this text provides both theory and practice for those coming to digital control engineering for the first time, whether as a student or practicing engineer.
- Extensive Use of computational tools: Matlab sections at end of each chapter show how to implement concepts from the chapter
- Frees the student from the drudgery of mundane calculations and allows him to consider more subtle aspects of control system analysis and design
- An engineering approach to digital controls: emphasis throughout the book is on design of control systems. Mathematics is used to help explain concepts, but throughout the text discussion is tied to design and implementation. For example coverage of analog controls in chapter 5 is not simply a review, but is used to show how analog control systems map to digital control systems
- Review of Background Material: contains review material to aid understanding of digital control analysis and design. Examples include discussion of discrete-time systems in time domain and frequency domain (reviewed from linear systems course) and root locus design in s-domain and z-domain (reviewed from feedback control course)
- Inclusion of Advanced Topics
- In addition to the basic topics required for a one semester senior/graduate class, the text includes some advanced material to make it suitable for an introductory graduate level class or for two quarters at the senior/graduate level. Examples of optional topics are state-space methods, which may receive brief coverage in a one semester course, and nonlinear discrete-time systems
- Minimal Mathematics Prerequisites
- The mathematics background required for understanding most of the book is based on what can be reasonably expected from the average electrical, chemical or mechanical engineering senior. This background includes three semesters of calculus, differential equations and basic linear algebra. Some texts on digital control require more
|Item Weight:||2.4 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 1.4 x 1.4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Academic Press, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By James O Hamblen
mpn: 22823822, ean: 9780387726700, isbn: 0387726705,
Here is a laboratory workbook filled with interesting and challenging projects for digital logic design and embedded systems classes. The workbook introduces you to fully integrated modern CAD tools, logic simulation, logic synthesis using hardware d...
By Cengage Learning
mpn: 9781285173016, ean: 9781285173016, isbn: 9781285173016,
TECHNICAL DRAWING FOR ENGINEERING COMMUNICATION, 7E offers a fresh, modern approach to technical drawing that combines the most current industry standards with up-to-date technologies and software, resulting in a valuable, highly relevant resource yo...
By Brand: Springer
ean: 9781402070891, isbn: 9781402070891,
xv From the Old to the New xvii Acknowledgments xxi 1 Verilog – A Tutorial Introduction 1 Getting Started 2 A Structural Description 2 Simulating the binaryToESeg Driver 4 Creating Ports For the Module 7 Creating a Testbench For a Module 8 11 Behav...
By Addison-Wesley Professional
ean: 9780134208893, isbn: 0134208897,
¿ Conventional build-then-test practices are making today’s embedded, software-reliant systems unaffordable to build. In response, more than thirty leading industrial organizations have joined SAE (formerly, the Society of Automotive Engineers) t...
By Industrial Press, Inc.
mpn: Illustrations, ean: 9780831133474, isbn: 9780831133474,
Over its first two editions, this best-selling book has become the de facto standard for training and reference material at all levels of CNC programming. Used in hundreds of educational institutions around the world as the primary text for CNC cours...
By Brand: Springer
ean: 9781461407140, isbn: 9781461407140,
Based on the highly successful second edition, this extended edition of SystemVerilog for Verification: A Guide to Learning the Testbench Language Features teaches all verification features of the SystemVerilog language, providing hundreds of example...