Family Communication (Routledge Communication Series)
Mega Sale! Free Shipping Included! Save 25% on the Family Communication (Routledge Communication Series) by Routledge at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Family Communication carefully examines state-of-the-art research and theories of family communication and family relationships. In addition to
Family Communication carefully examines state-of-the-art research and theories of family communication and family relationships. In addition to presenting cutting-edge research, it focuses on classic theories and research findings that have influenced and revolutionized the way scholars conceptualize family interaction. This text offers a thorough and up-to-date presentation of scientific research in family communication for both teachers and students of family communication as well as professionals who work with families.
This second edition features:
- Chapters updated with the latest research, including over 2000 references.
- Material on understudied family relationships, such as extended family relationships and gay and lesbian relationships
- Recent research on understudied topics in family communication, including the influence of technology on mate selection, negotiating work and family stress, single parenting, cohabitation, elder abuse, forgiveness in marriage, and the links among communication, culture, and mental health.
- A revised chapter on parent-child communication, taking a lifespan perspective that helps organize the large body of research in this area.
- A new chapter devoted to extended family relationships, with special focus on grandparent-grandchild relationships, in-law relationships, and adult children and their parents.
- An expanded review of family conflict processes, especially in relation to decision making and power.
A companion website provides chapter outlines, exam questions, and PowerPoint slides for students and instructors. Undergraduate readers should find the information easy to understand, while advanced readers, such as graduate students and professionals, will find it a useful reference to classic and contemporary research on family communication and relationships.
|Item Weight:||1.95 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.14 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Routledge, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: Illustrations, ean: 9780205499885, isbn: 0205499880,
Personal Conflict Management utilizes a modernized theory/skill approach to interpersonal conflict, placing equal emphasis on the theoretical and practical. Supporting the notion that there is not one correct approach to conflict management, and util...
By Cengage Learning
mpn: illustrations, ean: 9781285443256, isbn: 128544325X,
The sixth edition of EARLY EDUCATION CURRICULUM: A CHILD'S CONNECTION TO THE WORLD focuses on the process of planning and implementing a curriculum, and setting up an inclusive child-centered environment. This book helps users learn to make informed ...
mpn: black & white illustrations, black & whi, ean: 9780205078431, isbn: 0205078435,
Updated in its 7th edition, Working Through Conflict provides an introduction to conflict and conflict management that is firmly grounded in current theory, research, and practice, covering the whole range of conflict settings (interpersonal, group, ...
By Cengage Learning
ean: 9781111832612, isbn: 1111832617,
EARLY CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCE IN THE LANGUAGE ARTS: EARLY LITERACY, Tenth Edition helps readers become knowledgeable companions to young children as they explore and share literature and language experiences through interesting, developmentally appropri...
ean: 9781305088931, isbn: 130508893X,
EARLY CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCE IN LANGUAGE ARTS: EARLY LITERACY, Eleventh Edition responds to national legislation, professional standards, and public concern about the development of young children's language and foundational literacy skills by providin...