Be IN THE KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Doing business across borders is very different from doing business across town–subtle and not-so-subtle differences in attitudes and etiquette play a big role.
Did you know?
• Bowing in Japan isn’t just bending at the waist; where you put your hands and how deep you bow makes a big difference!
• Don’t give gifts in groups of four or nine. “Four” and “nine” are unlucky because the words sound like “death” and “hardship” in Japanese.
• Don’t expect Japanese colleagues to come out and say “no.” They will usually say “maybe.”
In the Know in Japan helps you:
• Fit right in by understanding local manners, etiquette, and behaviors
• Navigate through everyday life with tips for the whole family
• Get an insider’s perspective on the social and business environment
The book includes a FREE 60-minute CD with the key phrases you need to make a great impression.
|Brand:||Brand: Living Language|
|Item Size:||0.67 x 9.01 x 9.01 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.76 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.1 x 0.72 x 0.72 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Living Language, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Georgetown University Press
ean: 9781626164765, isbn: 1626164762,
The key to professional success in Japan is understanding Japanese people. The authors, seasoned cross-cultural trainers for businesspeople, provide a practical set of guidelines for understanding Japanese people and culture through David A. Victor's...
By John Benjamins Publishing Company
ean: 9781588115218, isbn: 1588115216,
The linguistic study of workplace language is a new and exciting area of research. This book explores the expression of power in a New Zealand workplace through examination of 52 everyday interactions between four women and their colleagues. The main...