Learn Swift by Building Applications: Explore Swift programming through iOS app development
Free Shipping Included! Learn Swift by Building Applications: Explore Swift programming through iOS app development by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Start building your very own mobile apps with this comprehensive introduction to Swift and object-oriented programmingKey FeaturesA complete
Start building your very own mobile apps with this comprehensive introduction to Swift and object-oriented programming
- A complete beginner's guide to Swift programming language
- Understand core Swift programming concepts and techniques for creating popular iOS apps
- Start your journey toward building mobile app development with this practical guide
Swift Language is now more powerful than ever; it has introduced new ways to solve old problems and has gone on to become one of the fastest growing popular languages. It is now a de-facto choice for iOS developers and it powers most of the newly released and popular apps. This practical guide will help you to begin your journey with Swift programming through learning how to build iOS apps.
You will learn all about basic variables, if clauses, functions, loops, and other core concepts; then structures, classes, and inheritance will be discussed. Next, you'll dive into developing a weather app that consumes data from the internet and presents information to the user. The final project is more complex, involving creating an Instagram like app that integrates different external libraries. The app also uses CocoaPods as its package dependency manager, to give you a cutting-edge tool to add to your skillset. By the end of the book, you will have learned how to model real-world apps in Swift.
What you will learn
- Become a pro at iOS development by creating simple-to-complex iOS mobile applications
- Master Playgrounds, a unique and intuitive approach to teaching Xcode
- Tackle the basics, including variables, if clauses, functions, loops and structures, classes, and inheritance
- Model real-world objects in Swift and have an in-depth understanding of the data structures used, along with OOP concepts and protocols
- Use CocoaPods, an open source Swift package manager to ease your everyday developer requirements
- Develop a wide range of apps, from a simple weather app to an Instagram-like social app
- Get ahead in the industry by learning how to use third-party libraries efficiently in your apps
Who This Book Is For
This book is for beginners who are new to Swift or may have some preliminary knowledge of Objective-C. If you are interested in learning and mastering Swift in Apple's ecosystem, namely mobile development, then this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Swift Basics - Variables and Functions
- Getting Familiar with Xcode and Playgrounds
- Creating a Minimal Mobile App
- Structures, Classes, and Inheritance
- Adding Interactivity to Your First App
- How to Use Data Structures, OOP, and Protocols
- Developing a Simple Weather App
- Introducing CocoaPods and Project Dependencies
- Improving a Version of a Weather App
- Building an Instagram-Like App
- Instagram-Like App Continued
- Contributing to an Open Source Project
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||0.83 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.46 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.4 x 0.79 x 0.79 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Manning Publications
ean: 9781617292859, isbn: 1617292850,
By Manning Publications
ean: 9781617294471, isbn: 9781617294471,
Summary Kafka Streams in Action teaches you everything you need to know to implement stream processing on data flowing into your Kafka platform, allowing you to focus on getting more from your data without sacrificing time or effort. Foreword by Neha...
mpn: 9780134023212, ean: 9780134023212, isbn: 0134023218,
The Easy, Common-Sense Guide to Solving Real Problems with NoSQL The Mere Mortals ® tutorials have earned worldwide praise as the clearest, simplest way to master essential database technologies. Now, there’s one for today’s exciting new NoSQ...
By Razeware LLC
ean: 9781942878162, isbn: 1942878168,
Learn How to Make 3D iOS Games! Learn how to make 3D games in Swift, using Apple's built-in 3D game framework: Scene Kit. Through a series of mini-games and challenges, you will go from beginner to advanced and learn everything you need to make your ...
By O Reilly Media
mpn: illustrations, ean: 9781491918050, isbn: 1491918055,
CSS lets you create professional-looking websites, but learning its finer points can be tricky—even for seasoned web developers. This fully updated edition provides the most modern and effective tips, tricks, and tutorial-based instruction on CSS a...
By LearnToProgram, Incorporated
mpn: black & white illustrations, ean: 9780990402053, isbn: 0990402053,
Have you been wanting to develop Apps for iOS but don't have the prerequisite language skills? Have you tried other iOS books and the code just went over your head? Do you feel like you need a little more coding experience before tackling mobile? Do ...
By Course Technology
mpn: 9781305503939, ean: 9781305503939, isbn: 1305503937,
Now you can master Web page design as you learn from the unique, hands-on approach found in NEW PERSPECTIVES HTML5 AND CSS3: COMPREHENSIVE, 7E. Each tutorial in this complete book challenges you to put into practice the concepts you have just learned...
By Big Nerd Ranch Guides
ean: 9780134610610, isbn: 013461061X,
Through the authors' carefully constructed explanations and examples, you will develop an understanding of Swift grammar and the elements of effective Swift style. This book is written for Swift 3.0 and will also show you how to navigate Xcode 8 and ...
By Pragmatic Bookshelf
ean: 9781680502824, isbn: 1680502824,
Languages may come and go, but the relational database endures. Learn how to use Ecto, the premier database library for Elixir, to connect your Elixir and Phoenix apps to databases. Get a firm handle on Ecto fundamentals with a module-by-module tour ...
mpn: 9781119363026, ean: 9781119363026, isbn: 1119363020,
See all the things coding can accomplishThe demand for people with coding know-how exceeds the number of people who understand the languages that power technology. Coding All-in-One For Dummies gives you an ideal place to start when you're ready to a...