This groundbreaking textbook and guide for library school students and librarians will help you―regardless of experience level or environment―learn the ins and outs of working with online databases, the best tactics for effective research online, and the methods for conveying these search skills to others.
• Features discussions of databases by discipline, including social science, science, medicine, and humanities, covering both bibliographic and numerical databases
• Provides readers with a toolkit of fundamental search skills to increase research effectiveness
• Presents advice and techniques for both virtual and in-person teaching
• Offers a companion website with additional information and exercises
• Includes new "Additional Resources" sections for each database chapter, providing exposure to more database names and vendors, as well as a new section on discovery services
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.77 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 1 x 1 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Libraries Unlimited, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By O'Reilly Media
mpn: 42027265, ean: 9781491921975, isbn: 1491921978,
Using Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) for illustrations only scratches the surface of this format’s potential on the web. With this practical guide, you’ll learn how to use SVG not only for illustrations but also as graphical documents that you ca...
By McGraw-Hill Education
mpn: Illustrations, ean: 9780072467505, isbn: 0072467509,
Introduction to Computing Systems: From bits & gates to C & beyond, now in its second edition, is designed to give students a better understanding of computing early in their college careers in order to give them a stronger foundation for later cours...
mpn: 23 black & white tables, biography, ean: 9783540244615, isbn: 3540244611,
Natural Language is not only the most important means of communication between human beings, it is also used over historical periods for the pres- vation of cultural achievements and their transmission from one generation to the other. During the las...