Licensing Digital Content: A Practical Guide for Librarians, Third Edition
Free Shipping Included! Licensing Digital Content: A Practical Guide for Librarians, Third Edition by American Library Association at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Of the second edition, ARBA declared, Harris's book has become the standard for libraries and has yet to have an equal published that is either as
Of the second edition, ARBA declared, Harris's book has become the standard for libraries and has yet to have an equal published that is either as useful or as clear. Covering the basics of digital licensing for librarians, the new third edition provides a freshened look at all the key issues as well as updated sample agreement clauses. Giving library professionals and students the understanding and the tools needed to negotiate and organize license agreements, Harris uses a plain-language approach that demystifies the process. Her guide
- explains licensing terminology and discusses changes in technology, including developments such as text and data mining;
- points out opportunities for cost savings;
- features many useful tools such as a comprehensive digital license checklist;
- provides sources of additional information on the global aspects of licensing; and
- walks readers through educating organizations that have signed license agreements.
In its new edition, this resource remains a must-have for all information professionals who deal with
licenses for electronic resources.
|Manufacturer:||American Library Association|
|Publisher:||American Library Association|
|Studio:||American Library Association|
|Item Size:||0.25 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.61 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.98 x 0.63 x 0.63 inches|