Location Independent Series (5 Book Series)
Location Independent Series (5 Book Series) by at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. From Book 1: Learning a language can be a daunting process. Should you self-study? Take a course? Buy a software program? Hire a private tutor? What
Author Jeff Blum has taught English and studied four languages (Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese and Thai), but he still struggles just as anyone must when learning a language. Jeff did extensive research on all aspects of language learning in an effort to improve his own efforts and he has carefully curated that research into this guide to help you with your efforts as well.
This is no book of secrets or shortcuts. Learning a language is a commitment, but knowing about the various challenges, issues and approaches available will help. In the book you will find:
1. A look at the systems and techniques advocated by various language learning experts and sites
2. A consideration of personal factors in learning a language (motivation, personality, goals, etc.)
3. A discussion of the 8 language learning blocks with recommended resources for tackling each
4. An overview of the most popular language learning products on the market (Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur, etc.)
5. A comprehensive set of resources to aid you with whatever approach to study you pursue
6. An appendix listing every external link (more than 200) referenced in the main text
Whether you are young or old, beginner or advanced, studying your first foreign language or your fifth, there is something for you in this book. If you are a language teacher, this book might help you better understand what your students are up against while giving you ideas and extra resources to aid your teaching efforts.