The concise, easy-to-understand Neurology for the Speech-Language Pathologist, 6th Edition provides students and clinicians with a practical guide for the study and understanding of neurology in speech-language pathology (SLP). Correlated with clinical syndromes and diseases seen in SLP, it gives you a solid understanding of the nervous system, including: development of the nervous system, organization of the brain, protective mechanisms, descending motor and ascending sensory pathways, and cranial nerves. New content, case studies, and a strong clinical focus make this new edition essential as you move into practice.
- Case studies and clinical applications in clinically oriented chapters provide you with realistic clinical applications.
- Presents complex information clearly in a concise, easy-to-understand manner.
- Clinical emphasis throughout makes this text valuable as you move into clinical practice ― and prepare for the Praxis exam.
- Evolve companion website has vocabulary flashcards and study questions with answers so students can assess their knowledge.
- Key terms in each chapter and an end-of-text glossary give you easy access to accurate, concise definitions.
- NEW! Separate section on pediatric speech and language disorders, including a chapter on the developing brain.
- EXPANDED! Updated sections on neurodiagnostic and neuroimaging procedures, as well as childhood apraxia of speech, fluency disorders, Autism, and TBI.
- NEW! Updated discussion of the anatomy and function of the cerebellum gives you the most current information.
- UPDATED! Covers the latest neuroimaging research on anatomy, physiology, and disorders of speech-language.
- EXPANDED! Discusses the brain connectivity and the neural network underlying learning and language.
- EXPANDED! Addresses motor control for speech production so you stay in the know.
|Item Weight:||1.5 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.25 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by imusti, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Chapey, Roberta (EDT)
mpn: 9780781769815, ean: 9780781769815, isbn: 0781769817,
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. This thoroughly revised and updated Fifth Edition is the most c...
By Delmar Cengage Learning
ean: 9781285198057, isbn: 1285198050,
This trusted, best-selling text has become an essential, invaluable resource for clinicians, instructors, and students in the dynamic field of speech-language pathology. Accessible, visually engaging, and easy to navigate, this highly practical manua...
By Banyan Hypnosis Centre
ean: 9780971229051, isbn: 0971229058,
This book reveals what people have wanted to know about the human condition from the very beginning of time: What are feelings for? Within its pages, you will discover the secret language of feelings. That language is a voice within us. Sometimes it ...