PROGRAMMING HOME PROJECTS WITH JAVA teaches Java GUI (Graphical User Interface) programming concepts and provides detailed step-by-step instructions in building many fun and useful projects. To grasp the concepts presented in PROGRAMMING HOME PROJECTS WITH JAVA, you should possess a working knowledge of programming with Java and be acquainted with using the Swing control library. Our tutorial LEARN JAVA GUI APPLICATIONS can help you gain this needed exposure.
PROGRAMMING HOME PROJECTS WITH JAVA explains (in simple, easy-to-follow terms) how to build a Java GUI project. Students learn about project design, the Java Swing controls, many elements of the Java language, and how to distribute finished projects. The projects built include:
- Dual-Mode Stopwatch - Allows you to time tasks you may be doing.
- Consumer Loan Assistant - Helps you see just how much those credit cards will cost you.
- Flash Card Math Quiz - Lets you practice basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills.
- Multiple Choice Exam - Quizzes a user on matching pairs of items, like countries/capitals, and words/meanings.
- Blackjack Card Game - Play the classic card game against the computer and learn why gambling is very risky.
- Weight Monitor - Track your weight each day and monitor your progress toward established goals.
- Home Inventory Manager - Helps you keep track of all your belongings - even includes photographs.
- Snowball Toss Game - Lets you throw snowballs at another player or against the computer.
The tutorial includes over 850 pages of color self-study notes. The Java source code and all needed multimedia files are available for download from the publisher's website: (KidwareSoftware.com) after book registration.
PROGRAMMING HOME PROJECTS WITH JAVA requires a Microsoft Windows XP-SP2, Vista, or the Windows 7 operating system. You also need the Java Development Kit (a free download). This tutorial also uses JCreator® 5.0 as the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for building and testing Java applications.
|Part Number:||colour illustrations|
|Item Weight:||4.56 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.8 x 11.02 x 11.02 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.7 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 2 x 2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Kidware Software, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
sku: 9781435458482, ean: 9781435458482, isbn: 1435458486,
Learn how to create your own fully functioning role-playing game (RPG) with VISUAL C# GAME PROGRAMMING FOR TEENS! A true beginner's guide, the book covers each essential step for creating your own complete RPG using Windows Forms and GDI+, including ...
By BibleByte Books
ean: 9781937161309, isbn: 1937161307,
COMPUTER BIBLE GAMES WITH VISUAL BASIC EXPRESS is a self-study or instuctor led semester long "beginning" programming tutorial consisting of 13 chapters explaining (in simple, easy-to-follow terms) how to build a Visual Basic Express Windows applicat...
By Brand: Butterworth-Heinemann
ean: 9780750659918, isbn: 0750659912,
Essential Java serves as an introduction to the programming language, Java, for scientists and engineers, and can also be used by experienced programmers wishing to learn Java as an additional language. The book focuses on how Java, and object-orient...