Many people agree that prayer is a central feature of spiritual life. But what is prayer? Scientific and Pastoral Perspectives on Intercessory Prayer: An Exchange Between Larry Dossey, MD, and Health Care Chaplains explores common questions and concerns about intercessory prayer, or the act of praying for the benefit of others, from several different points of view. Chaplains, priests, ministers, and clergy in the health care profession will learn how prayer is examined from sources other than traditional Christian views, such as parapsychology. From Scientific and Pastoral Perspectives on Intercessory Prayer, you will learn what prayer means to some chaplains and to their ministry and how prayer can make drastic changes in the lives of your parishioners, patients, and their families.Written by eight chaplains, the articles in this text are in response to an essay by Larry Dossey, a nationally known physician who speaks and writes about prayer. The contributors to Scientific and Pastoral Perspectives on Intercessory Prayer discuss his points of view on intercessory prayer, which are based on quantum physics. You will learn if this area of physics can make a difference in how you practice your faith, how you worship, and what you think about or expect from prayer. Scientific and Pastoral Perspectives on Intercessory Prayer examines several other topics related to prayer, including:
- discovering whether or not intercessory prayer is truly different from other methods of meditation
- exploring the relationship between intercessory prayer and meditative or praise prayer
- linking prayers and their results to the expectations or intentions of those who engage in them
- differentiating between an intercession and a wish
- deciding for yourself what constitutes evidence or proof when discussing the aspects of prayer
- how our opinion of prayer relates to how we think about the universe and about God Since Scientific and Pastoral Perspectives on Intercessory Prayer focuses on the cooperation between science and theology, you will discover that, in many instances, people believe that the power of prayer should be taken seriously. This text also shows you how the questions and functions of prayer are shared by everyone, despite religious differences or methods of praying. Encompassing research and personal experiences, Scientific and Pastoral Perspectives on Intercessory Prayer will help you answer questions about religion and its role in the lives of parishioners, patients, and clergy, as well as provide you with evidence to the positive and healing power of prayer.
|Item Weight:||1 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||1 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.27 x 0.67 x 0.67 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Routledge, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Brand: Peniel
ean: 9789875570757, isbn: 9875570753,
This study book, designed as a helpful resource and an effective tool for those suffering from various emotional disorders or states of confusion, will be invaluable for Christian counselors. This is a collection of biblical solutions to the basic pr...
By Abingdon Press
ean: 9780687037261, isbn: 0687037263,
La pérdida de valores morales que llevan a considerar todo desde una perspectiva groseramente relativista; la situación social y económica tan crítica que lleva a tratar de protegernos de cualquier manera posible; el materialismo contemporáneo q...
By Oxford University Press
ean: 9780195371635, isbn: 0195371631,
This all-in-one guide is designed to better equip clergy and the church leaders to meet their congregations' needs in a spiritually grounded and scientifically sound manner. Succinct, easy-to-read chapters summarize all a pastor needs to know about a...