Talk to Me, Baby!: How You Can Support Young Children's Language Development, Second Edition
Huge Savings Item! Save 20% on the Talk to Me, Baby!: How You Can Support Young Children's Language Development, Second Edition by Brookes Publishing at Translate This Website. MPN: 9781598579208. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. With Thirty Million Words and other early language initiatives making headlines, the message is clear: Talking to young children matters. But how you
With Thirty Million Words and other early language initiatives making headlines, the message is clear: Talking to young children matters. But how you talk to children makes a big difference—and this friendly, down-to-earth guidebook shows you how to engage with kids in ways that directly support their language skills and overall development.
Developed by celebrated early education expert Betty Bardige, the second edition of this warm and wise book takes you on a fascinating tour through six stages in a child's language development—starting with baby babbles and ending with kindergarten literacy skills. You'll get critical new research and updates in every chapter, plus an invaluable toolbox of downloadable resources that help you put the strategies into practice. A must-have for all early childhood professionals and parents, this book is your guide to playful, engaging talk that supercharges young minds and sets the stage for school success.
DISCOVER HOW TO
- learn the language of pretend play and storytelling
- include children in conversations—even when they're too young to talk
- respond effectively to the questions children ask and the stories they tell
- boost language skills with fun games and activities that build on children's natural curiosity
- select playful, age-appropriate books, songs, and poems to share and enjoy together
- engage children of diverse backgrounds and temperaments
- explore the language challenges children might encounter and how to help them
- help bilingual children develop skills in both languages
- create language-rich communities where children's literacy skills flourish
WHAT'S NEW: Strategies based on up-to-date research; expanded focus on developing toddlers' language skills; and new emphasis on supporting children from low-income families. You'll also get a practical collection of downloadable resources: updated study guides for each chapter and handouts in English and Spanish.
Includes downloadable, printable handouts in English and Spanish:
- The Power of Play Talk
- Baby Babbles
- First Words, First Stories
- Off Like a Rocket
- What Will They Think of Next?
- From Language to Literacy
Features & Highlights
- Talking to young children matters but how you talk to children makes a big difference!
- This book explains six stages in a child's language development.
- You will get critical new research and updates in every chapter.
- Includes downloadable resources that help you put the strategies into practice.
- Paperback. 336 pages.
|Item Weight:||1 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 8.75 x 8.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.9 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches|