Teaching Reading to English Language Learners, Grades 6-12: A Framework for Improving Achievement in the Content Areas
Teaching Reading to English Language Learners, Grades 6-12: A Framework for Improving Achievement in the Content Areas by Corwin at Translate This Website. MPN: 9781412909266. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A powerful array of field-tested literacy tools for closing the achievement gap! This book provides a comprehensive and systematic framework for
A powerful array of field-tested literacy tools for closing the achievement gap!
This book provides a comprehensive and systematic framework for developing literacy skills and improving reading in all content areas. With funding from the Carnegie Corporation and the U.S. Department of Education, author Margarita Calderón has developed a research-based approach to expediting reading comprehension that results in higher test scores not just for ELLs, but for all students. Educators can easily complement their instruction with ready-to-use tools, including:
- Lesson templates
- Sample lesson plans
- Strategies for teaching reading and vocabulary in content areas
- Descriptions of successful programs
- Professional development designs
Features & Highlights
- Lesson templates.
- Sample lesson plans in mathematics, science, language arts, and social studies.
- Descriptions of successful programs.
- Professional development designs.Without strong reading skills, students will never reach their full
|Item Weight:||0.9 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.42 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.9 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.9 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches|