The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition
Free Shipping Included! The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition by Saunders/Elsevier at Translate This Blog. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The market-leader in medical terminology, Chabner’s popular, proven The Language of Medicine brings medical language to life and helps you develop
The market-leader in medical terminology, Chabner’s popular, proven The Language of Medicine brings medical language to life and helps you develop the understanding to communicate fluently in the healthcare setting. Terms and complex medical processes are accessible and easy to understand at all learning levels with an approach that explains terms in the context of anatomy and physiology, as well as how the body works in health and disease. Organized by body system, this combined text/workbook details additional key areas of health care, such as cancer and psychiatry, and is accompanied by full-color illustrations, exercises, and unique supplemental resources that reinforce your comprehension and help you establish the practical foundation for a successful career in healthcare.
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations demystify medical terminology even if you have little or no background in medicine or science.
- Practical applications such as case reports, operative and diagnostic tests, and laboratory and x-ray reports demonstrate the use of medical terminology in practice.
- Self-study text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets.
- Full-color illustrations depict anatomy, physiology, and pathology, putting medical terms in the context of the body’s structure and function.
- Comprehensive glossaries and appendices serve as quick references for use in the classroom and on the job.
- NEW! In Person narratives help you understand diseases and conditions from the patient’s perspective.
- NEW! A Closer Look highlights particular conditions.
- NEW! Images and photos illustrate difficult terms and procedures.
- NEW! Terms and definitions keep you up to date with healthcare advances.
- More Spotlights identify and clarify potentially confusing terminology.
- Error-prone abbreviations list derived from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) list alerts you to abbreviations that should not be used in the clinical setting.
Features & Highlights
- medical terminology - textbook
- 10th edition
- language of medicine
- diseases and conditions vocabulary
|Item Weight:||5.15 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.75 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.67 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|