Trustworthy scholarship and contemporary American usage mean that The Modern Language Bible is a useful resource for pastors, students, and laypeople. This thorough revision of the 1959 Berkeley Version is faithful to the original texts, yet it’s clearly expressed in today’s English. Avoiding colloquialisms that quickly date other modern-language translations, it accurately retains the dignity and message of God’s eternal Word.
• Reflects competent evangelical scholarship
• Contemporary American language, yet avoids colloquialisms that would date the translation and limit its use
• Helpful chronological data
• Explanatory footnotes at the bottom of each page offer helpful background and detail, but avoid paraphrasing and personal interpretation
• Weights, measures, and currency references translated into American standards
• 9-point type; paragraph format for easy reading
• Textual accuracy and brevity of expression that make the intent and meaning of the original language clearly understandable
|Brand:||Brand: Hendrickson Publishers|
|Item Weight:||1.82 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.5 x 8 x 8 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.5 x 1.6 x 1.6 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Hendrickson Publishers, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.