The first edition of this readers' advisory represented a pioneering effort to provide help and encouragement to librarians diving into this exciting format, and since then the popularity of graphic novels has continued apace. Goldsmith has updated her guide to encompass a bounty of new titles, authors, and styles, ensuring its continued usefulness as a tool for both RA and collection development. Suitable for newbies and hardcore fans alike, this book
- sketches in the history of graphic novels, tracing their evolution and showing what makes them unique;
- explores traditional and cutting edge titles most friendly to children, teens, and adults, reflecting the burgeoning and maturing publishing efforts made for each of these audiences;
- discusses common themes, topics, and the place of diversity in graphic novels;
- gives in-depth guidance on ways to connect readers to titles they'll be sure to love;
- offers ideas for media tie-ins, displays, programming, book clubs, and more;
- includes annotated bibliographies, with appeal characteristics noted, and multiple indexes to ensure that locating the right graphic novel is a snap; and
- provides detailed tips for keeping current and aware of new titles and trends.
Spotlighting this expanding body of intellectual, aesthetic, and engaging literature, Goldsmith's guide will entertain as well as inform.
|Manufacturer:||Amer Library Assn Editions|
|Publisher:||Amer Library Assn Editions|
|Studio:||Amer Library Assn Editions|
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 8.75 x 8.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.91 x 0.59 x 0.59 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Amer Library Assn Editions, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Libraries Unlimited
ean: 9781598847000, isbn: 9781598847000,
Covering genres from action/adventure and fantasy to horror, science fiction, and superheroes, this guide maps the vast and expanding terrain of graphic novels, describing and organizing titles as well as providing information that will help libraria...