Using Sources Effectively: Strengthening Your Writing and Avoiding Plagiarism
Extreame Savings Item! Save 44% on the Using Sources Effectively: Strengthening Your Writing and Avoiding Plagiarism by Brand: Pyrczak Pub at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. • This short supplementary textbook will help all students who use research in writing, from those writing a short essay with a few sources to
• This short supplementary textbook will help all students who use research in writing, from those writing a short essay with a few sources to those writing a full-scale major research paper.
• The easy-to-follow advice will have students writing better research papers right away.
• Detailed, example-filled instruction about proper source use and citation gives students all the information they need to avoid unintentional plagiarism.
• Focusing on practical and effective strategies for incorporating sources, the book teaches students how to:
· add strength to their argument and interest to their writing through the skillful use of sources
· select, evaluate, and prepare sources for use
· avoid plagiarism through the proper use of quotation, paraphrase, summary, and citation
• Activities at the end of each chapter help students internalize their newly acquired skills. An instructor’s answer key is included, making it easy to start using this book right away.
• The examples in the book are presented in both APA and MLA citation styles, though the book will be a useful resource regardless of the particular style of citation and bibliography you require in your classes.
• Helps your students learn how to avoid plagiarism while they discover techniques for writing better research papers.
• Updated APA and MLA citation styles and material on research strategies and source selection (Chapter 2), quoting sources effectively (Chapter 4), and grammar and mechanics (Chapter 9).
|Brand:||Brand: Pyrczak Pub|
|Item Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.5 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Pyrczak Pub, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Bedford/St. Martin's
ean: 9780312566876, isbn: 0312566875,
brand new book...
By Brand: World Scientific Publishing Company
mpn: 109ill., ean: 9781860940378, isbn: 9781860940378,
Drawing especially on insights emerging from studies of the cellular networks formed by fungi, this book describes the fundamental indeterminacy that enables life forms to thrive in and create inconstant circumstances. It explains how indeterminacy a...
By Oxford University Press
ean: 9780199216574, isbn: 0199216576,
Marine mammals command a high level of public attention, reflected in specific legislation for their protection and management in many countries. They also present particular challenges to ecologists and conservation biologists. They are mostly diffi...
By Indiana University Press
mpn: 8 b&w illustrations, ean: 9780253357137, isbn: 0253357136,
We live in an era marked by an accelerating rate of species death, but since the early days of the discipline, anthropology has contemplated the death of languages, cultural groups, and ways of life. The essays in this collection examine processes of...
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
mpn: black & white illustrations, ean: 9781493568635, isbn: 1493568639,
Discussion of climate change is becoming more common in transportation planning documents. Many DOTs and MPOs are recognizing the role that transportation policies and investments play in contributing to climate change and conversely, the potential i...
By Humayun Kabir
sku: ACOUK_book_new_3845436085, ean: 9783845436081, isbn: 3845436085,
This study examines the environmental awareness in junior secondary school education in Bangladesh and accordingly assessed the text books of Junior Secondary level regarding environmental contents, measured the environmental awareness developed amon...
By Oxford University Press
mpn: numerous figures & tables; 4 halftones, ean: 9780195143850, isbn: 019514385X,
This book will appeal to investigators in each of the scientific disciplines it integrates--evolutionary biology, ecology, salmonid biology, management, and conservation. Variation in salmonids can be used to illustrate virtually all evolutionary que...
By House of Anansi Press
ean: 9780887847660, isbn: 0887847668,
Every culture is a unique answer to a fundamental question: What does it mean to be human and alive? Anthropologist and National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence Wade Davis leads us on a thrilling journey to celebrate the wisdom of the world’s indi...
mpn: black & white illustrations, ean: 9781845400323, isbn: 1845400321,
Gregory Bateson's work continues to touch others in fields as diverse as communication, ecology, anthropology, philosophy, family therapy, education, and mental/spiritual health. The authors in this special issue of Cybernetics & Human Knowing (C&HK)...
By Ulan Press
This book was originally published prior to 1923, and represents a reproduction of an important historical work, maintaining the same format as the original work. While some publishers have opted to apply OCR (optical character recognition) technolog...