Verbal Behavior Analysis: Inducing and Expanding New Verbal Capabilities in Children with Language Delays
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 5% on the Verbal Behavior Analysis: Inducing and Expanding New Verbal Capabilities in Children with Language Delays by Pearson at Translate This Website. MPN: Illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Help children develop language and verbal functions! “This is definitely a book I will be purchasing for my professional use. I supervise
Help children develop language and verbal functions!
“This is definitely a book I will be purchasing for my professional use. I supervise student teachers in home-based programs as well as school programs and this book will be a perfect fit for the program implementation we currently present. Greer and Ross have produced an excellent accumulation of research compilation, assessment and program descriptions for implementation by professionals training and working with autistic children and adults.”
-Dr. Irfa Karmali, Shelby Residential and Vocational Services
“Overall, a very technically accurate book and one well suited to accompany a practicum component in verbal behavior. Very comprehensive and [does] a good job of covering most questions, concerns and issues [for] training others to implement verbal behavior strategies. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.”
-Janet Goodman, University of West Georgia
Responding to the overwhelming demand for effective language development tools for children with no language and severe language delays related to autism and other disabilities, Douglas Greer and Denise Ross present newly identified methods to assist teachers and parents in their efforts to provide verbal capabilities to children. In their book Verbal Behavior Analysis, Doug and Denise describe how to help children produce novel and spontaneous verbal functions, acquire language incidentally, and become socially verbal. They carefully integrate the latest research, including many new findings, and present readers with a clear outline of the current state of the science of verbal behavior and its application to children with real needs. Behavior analysts, parents, and teachers will find the procedures applicable to all forms of language (signs, pictures, and voice-generating devices) while maintaining a strong emphasis on the vocal production of a child’s speech.
- Describes how to teach children to be literate listeners, reducing the number of instructional times required to teach basic skills from four to ten times. (Chapter 3).
- Presents the necessary procedures to teach children to become observational learners. (Chapter 5 and 7).
- Offers practitioners methods for teaching children to acquire novel language and language usage incidentally, allowing children to expand their language without direct instruction. (Chapters 3, 5, and 6).
- Demonstrates helping children to move from emergent speakers to readers, and learn to enjoy books in free time, and to read. (Chapter 6).
- Introduces a verbal developmental scheme to guide instruction and aid practitioners in determining which children need particular interventions and when they need them, along with alternative tactics and strategies for solving learning problems. (Chapters 2 and 7).
|Item Weight:||1.15 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9.2 x 9.2 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.9 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.9 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches|