World Cruising Handbook
World Cruising Handbook by Intl Marine Pub Co at Translate This Website. SKU: hob071811-1760843-2. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. World Cruising Handbook is a companion volume to Jimmy Cornell's internationally best-selling World Cruising Routes and contains invaluable practical
World Cruising Handbook is a companion volume to Jimmy Cornell's internationally best-selling World Cruising Routes and contains invaluable practical information on all aspects of cruising worldwide. The third edition of World Cruising Handbook has been thoroughly revised to bring it in line with the enormous changes brought about by the Internet revolution. Entries for all 185 maritime nations of the world have been thoroughly revised in order to gather together in a single volume all the practical information anyone would need when planning to sail anywhere in the world.
Section I cover matters of general interest such as cruising formalities, health precautions, and radio and satellite communications.
Section II describes the history, economy, political situation, culture, climate, language and religion of 185 countries and dependencies, as well as giving an insight into the cruising attractions of each country. Detailed information is provided on:
- Ports of entry
- Customs, health and immigration requirements
- Clearance procedures, cruising permits and bonds
- Ports, marinas and technical facilities
- Local time, currency, business hours, public holidays, electricity, etc.
Section III contains information on IALA buoyage, U.S. and British chart agents worldwide and a glossary of useful terms in several languages.
World Cruising Handbook is the indispensable reference guide for long distance sailors.
The information in this book is continuously updated on www.noonsite.com, Jimmy Cornell's website for cruising sailors.
Features & Highlights
- Cruising formalities, health precautions, radio & sattellite communications.
- Ports, marinas and technical facilities.
- Local time, currency, business hours, public holidays, electricity.
- IALA buoyage, British and US chart agents worldwide.
- Glossary of useful terms in several languages
|Manufacturer:||Intl Marine Pub Co|
|Publisher:||Intl Marine Pub Co|
|Studio:||Intl Marine Pub Co|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 9.75 x 9.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.8 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.4 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches|