Your Client's Story: Persuasive Legal Writing (Aspen Coursebook Series)
Extreame Savings Item! Save 47% on the Your Client's Story: Persuasive Legal Writing (Aspen Coursebook Series) by Brand: Aspen Publishers at Translate This Website. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Unlike most document-centric first-year legal writing texts, Your Client's Story: Persuasive Legal Writing centers on the client, with a focus on
The authors, are all distinguished former Presidents of The Legal Writing Institute and have published significant articles about persuasive techniques in legal writing. Robbins and Johansen co-organize the Applied Legal Storytelling conferences, and Robbins is Co-Editor-in-Chief of Legal Communications and Rhetoric: JALWD.
- client-centered--rather than document-centric--focusing on ways to persuade the reader to grant the relief each client seeks
- organized to reflect the process
- meeting the client
- investigating the facts
- analyzing and choosing appropriate persuasive strategies
- rooted in concepts of brain science and cognitive psychology, made accessible to first-year law students
- engages classical rhetoric and modern persuasion theory as a foundation
- conversational tone
- covers persuasion and argument presentation at both the trial and appellate levels
- creates strong connections between first year course objective and upper level skill-building curriculum
- editable versions of sample briefs in the appendices, for professors to tailor as needed
- stellar authors
- All are former Presidents of The Legal Writing Institute.
- All have published significant articles on persuasive techniques in legal writing.
- Professor Robins is Editor-in-Chief of Legal Communications and Rhetoric: JALWD.
- Professors Robbins and Johansen co-organize Applied Legal Storytelling conferences.
- Professor Chestek is Associate Director of the Center for the Study of Written Advocacy at the University of Wyoming College of Law.
|Brand:||Brand: Aspen Publishers|
|Item Weight:||1.5 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.89 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches|