Here is a list of the languages our website can translate. Select the language you would like to translate to.
In today's business society, companies who conduct businesses globally need professional translation services. Many people think that they can just depend on free translation tool to translate their business documents. This is true if you are only having an email translated - if you need to translate your business documents such as proposals or reports of anything, it is best to get a professional service for the task.
Free translation tools can only do so much - as different countries have different dialects and language styles, it makes translation from the free tools not accurate. Many people take translation too lightly. It is a complex matter and needs to be approached sensibly so that you will not get inaccurate translation results.
You may think that if you know a foreign language, you can be a translator too. Nothing is further from the truth. Being able to write and read a foreign language does not give you any license to undertake translation work. This is because in order to translate accurately, you need to be well-verse in at least two languages, which is the foreign and the mother tongue language. Moreover, you need to be able to write well and command excellent linguistic nuances.
As you can see, translation is not easy at all. It is a complex and painstaking work. Translation is also very tiring for your mind. This is because when you are translating a work, you need to continuously move between two different languages. If you do not possess a passion for translation, you will soon lose the motivation carry on working.
Another common misconception about translation is that computers can now do translations. As I have mentioned earlier on in this article, free computer translation tool will never be able to translate a work with 100% accuracy. When computers translate a work, they are simply relying on the meaning of a word and replacing it from one language to another. Therefore, it is very common to see that the sentence structures are all in a mess and lead to misunderstanding of texts.
So if you need to translate business documents, especially those for prints, it is better to get a professional translator to do the job for you. Yes, I understand that sometimes you really do not need a professional translation service, such as having a brief email translated. However, if you want to translate a document accurately and professionally, you need to get an experienced translator for the job. Poor translation results in misunderstanding and bad corporate image. My advice will be always: do it once, do it good.
Many people feel that translation is a task that is easy, straight-forward and free. If you just need to translate an email or a few line of text, free translation tools are usually enough. But if you are dealing with business documents or any marketing materials that need to be printed, you need a professional translation service.
In this article, let us discuss some common thoughts people have about translation service. Through these thoughts, you can then decide whether or not you need a professional translation service for your work.
1. Anyone can be a translator as long as he or she knows a foreign language. Personally, I feel that this is the most common misconceptions about translation. Knowing a foreign language does not make one a professional translator. First of all, a translator needs to have a deep understanding in at least 2 languages: a mother tongue language and a foreign language. Next, he or she needs to write well. Last but not least, different countries have different cultural influences on language. If you want your documents or work to connect well with the people in a foreign country, you need to translate the text according to their culture.
2. Translation is free. With the Internet, you can find tons of free translation tools online. However, these tools do not understand the language culture. Therefore, the text translated may not be as accurate as you think it is.
3. Translation is easy. This is another misconception that I will like to address in this article. Translation is not easy. Period. It can be a daunting and complex task if you do not have a great deal of experience, concentration and patience. It is also a very tiring task because a translator needs to continuously move between 2 languages and mind frames. He or she will need to read and digest the information before writing them in the target language.
4. A professional translation service is not necessary. Yes to some extent. It really depends on the work that needs to be done. As I have mentioned earlier on, if you just need to translate a simple email, free translation tool can do the job. However, if you need to translate business documents and marketing materials for your company, you need a professional translation service to produce work with standard and accuracy.
After all, it is your choice. To sum up everything, the bottom line is this: if you need a professional, accurate and decent translation work, then hire a professional and reputable translation agency or translator.
A professional translation service can be quite costly because a translator is paid per word or per page that he or she translates. So how much do they charge per word? Basically, the cost per word will depend a lot on the complexity and the language that you wish to translate into. Some agencies will also charge their services according to the number of man hours that they need to put in.
So in this article, I will share some tips with you on saving money on translation services:
1. Use free translation tool whenever possible. If it is a simple translation task, use free translation tools whenever possible. Just go to Google and type in "free translation" and you should be able to get some free tools to use.
2. Always plan and prepare early. Deadline is one of the factors that translation agencies consider before they can give you quotations. Therefore, to prevent any rush charge, plan early. Get your documents ready and give them a comfortable timeline to work with.
3. Compare prices. Nowadays, there are so many translation service providers around. Before you engage a vendor, shop around and compare price. Gather a few quotations and see who can give you the best offer.
4. Provide only the text you want to translate. As translation agencies usually charge by per word or per page, you should give them the exact number of words to translate. Avoid repetitions in your text. If there are repetitions in your text, make sure that you ask for a discount for those repetitive words.
5. Check out the credential of the translation service provider. Before engaging a provider, make sure that you check their credentials. This is because you will not want to get a sub-standard work and pay more to retranslate them again.
6. Try to avoid complex layouts. Translation agencies demand higher fees if the layouts of your documents are complex. Provide the agency the text to be translated in Words document file, with little or no formatting needed. Your responsibility is to make the translator's job as easy as possible. The easier the job, the lesser you need to pay for the service.
Hope that with these 6 tips, I can help you reduce the money that you need to pay for translation services. If you conduct businesses internationally, professional translation services are something that you cannot to miss out on. So if the price is right, go for it.